On Scene Controller
Date: October 15 & 16, 2018
Location: The Loomex Headquarters,
Peterborough Airport, Peterborough, Ontario.
Cost: $295 + HST
The purpose of the On-scene Controller is three-fold; Protection of Life, Protection of Property and Protection of Environment.
This two-day course provides training for those who, in the event of an incident, will be required to take on the role of On-scene Controller. Participants in the course will learn the essential information through both classroom presentations and hands on exercises, covering a wide range of subjects set out in CARs Regulations under Section 302.
The course includes the following topics:
● OSC Regulations
● Due Diligence
● Critical Incident Stress Management
● Scene Assessment
● Command and Control
● First responders role as an On-scene Controller
● Responder Safety
● Crisis Communication
● Scenario Exercise
● CARs – Requirement to appoint an On-scene
Controller during an incident
Participants will be able to describe the principles of effective teamwork and characteristics of an effective leader. This includes leadership and management, leaders in action, conflict resolution, documentation and effective note taking.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
● Describe, plan and interact with both internal and external stakeholders when providing or interactive with all audiences
● Understand how the media can be a tool in helping during an emergency
● Understand the roll and use of social media
● Understand how to deal with traditional media outlets
● Deliver news conferences, media releases and interviewing
● Comprehend communication flow during a disaster
● Understand Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
● Establish scene priorities (life, property and the environment)
● Conduct a scene assessment
● Perform emergency First Aid basic steps
● To participate in a tabletop exercise which incorporates all the learning objectives
Special overnight room rates are available at the Quality InnREGISTER NOW